The Village of Ballston Spa is hosting it’s First Annual Birdhouse Competition. This is a great opportunity for everyone to be creative for this fun, community oriented event. It’s open to everyone, so all you crafters, woodworkers, painters, sculptors, hobbyists and wannabes of all
ages, download the entry form and rules and get to work. This competition is free to enter and prizes will be awarded at the Birdhouse Festival, on April 21st, 1pm-4pm at Iron Springs Park. The birdhouses will be put up along Tedisco Trail and throughout the village and remain up all summer.
Any questions can be directed to Mark Blech 518-742-6355
Ballston Spa Birdhouse Rules for Entry
1. Deadline for submission is April 14, 2018
2. Printable registration form below or can be obtained on the Village website. www.villageofballstonspa.org
3. All birdhouses become the property of the Village of Ballston Spa. Ballston Spa, individual artists give permission to use images of any birdhouse entry for advertising of the village and village events. Ballston Spa is not responsible for any damage or disappearance of the birdhouse.
4. Birdhouses must be made of sturdy materials. Birdhouses will remain on display, outdoors, until November.
5. No toxic materials, loose plastics, sharp metals/ glass or dangerous materials can be used in the fabrication of the birdhouses. If in doubt contact Mark Blech (518-742-6355) to approve materials.
6. Ballston Spa reserves the right to deny entry or remove any birdhouse that does not comply with the “Rules of Entry” or is deemed inappropriate in any way for a family oriented event.
7. All birdhouses must be installed by the Village of Ballston Spa. Installation type birdhouses can be entered and installed by the artist, with the supervision of a village representative present.
8. Birdhouses can be dropped off at the Village of Ballston Spa Library. Look online for Library hours.
9. All birdhouses must be original works created by the individual or team of individuals. Commercially produced birdhouses or assembled kits will not be accepted.
10. All birdhouses must be function in nature.
11. Birdhouses should be designed for native birds, information can be found through Cornell Collective at www.nestwatch.org