Calling All Bird Lovers. If you’re the creative type, enter this fun competition to create the most unique, fun, different or crazy birdhouse. Prizes will be awarded. It’s open to everyone in and outside of Ballston Spa. No entry fee. And if you’re not good with a hammer and nails,the Ballston Spa Public Library has pre-made birdhouses you can decorate. No charge. We also have banners that you can paint. All free.
Join us on this great community art event. And join us on May 4th for the Birdhouse Festival with music, booths and crafts for the kids in all of us.
Rules for Entry:
1. Deadline for submission is April 14, 2019
2. Printable registration form below or can be obtained at www.facebook.com/ 2ndannualballstonspabirdhousecompetition
3. All birdhouses become the property of the Village of Ballston Spa. Artists give permission to use images of any birdhouse entry for advertising. Ballston Spa is not responsible for any damage or disappearance of the birdhouse.
4. Birdhouses must be made of sturdy materials. Birdhouses will remain on display, outdoors permanently. All birdhouses must be accessible and fully functional. Birdhouses should be designed for native birds, information can be found through Cornell Collective at www.nestwatch.org
5. No toxic materials, loose plastics, sharp metals/ glass or dangerous materials can be used in the fabrication of the birdhouses. If in doubt, contact Mark Blech (518-742-6355) to approve materials.
6. The village of Ballston Spa or the Ballston Area Community Center, reserves the right to deny entry or remove any birdhouse that does not comply with the “Rules of Entry” or is deemed inappropriate in any way for a family oriented event.
7. All birdhouses must be installed by the DPW of the village of Ballston Spa. Installation type birdhouses can be entered and installed by the artist, with the supervision of a village representative present.
8. Birdhouses and registration forms can be dropped off at the village of Ballston Spa Library during regular library hours.
9. All birdhouses must be original works created by the individual or team of individuals. Commercially produced birdhouses or assembled kits will not be accepted.