We’re back! Sort of…having been deemed essential workers we never really stopped working. Since mid March the Ballston Spa physical location of Southern Adirondack Independent Living (SAIL) Center has been closed to the public during the COVID shutdown implemented by Governor Cuomo. We all have been working remotely assisting our consumers who needed assistance during these challenging times. Now that all of NYS has entered into Phase 4 our office has re-staffed to a 50% occupancy rate. Here are the important things to know:
1. You will need an appointment for an in person appointment. We prefer you continue to utilize our remote services, which are efficient and streamlined. On the rare occasion you may need an in person visit… YOU MUST HAVE AN APPOINTMENT.
2. Many things you may need assistance with can be achieved remotely. (Social Security Disability applications, fair hearings Medicaid and Medicare paperwork. SNAP, HEAP, Section 8 housing, NYS Marketplace Insurance, and Unemployment assistance.)
3. Our medical equipment loan program (TRAID) is still in operation with most equipment being managed from our Queensbury location. Call 518-792-3537×1142 for more information.
4. All of our staff are working. Some remotely. Everyone’s safety is our primary concern.
5. If you’re not sure where to get assistance with something call us. Chances are we have the answer.
We appreciate your continued support and want you to know we are here for you. Call us at 518-584-8202×2200 for assistance.