The village of Ballston Spa is preparing to apply for NY Forward, a new state grant program aimed at helping revitalize small downtowns. The Village will be providing opportunities for public engagement, as it is part of the grant application process.
A webpage has been launched where residents can learn more about NY Forward and find the link to partake in an online questionnaire: www.villageofballstonspa.org/ny-forward-revitalization-grant. The online survey will close on September 20. Paper questionnaires will also be handed out at the Ice Cream Social on Thursday, September 8 at 6 p.m. at the Iron Spring Park on Front Street.
The Local Planning Committee working on the application includes residents, small business owners, property owners and members of volunteer organizations:
- Dana Womer, Executive Director, Ballston Spa Business and Professional Association;
- Karen Martell, Chair, Village Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee;
- Donna Dardaris, Board Member of the Saratoga County Historical Society;
- Tina Mangino-Coffey, President, Mangino Chevy-Buick-GMC and local property owner;
- Natalia Martinez, Owner, Play Hollow;
- Kelly Delaney-Elliott, Owner/Broker, Elliott Property Services, LLC;
- Ray Otten, Executive Director, Community Emergency Corps, Inc. and Member, Rotary Club;
- Rory O’Connor, Chair, Village Planning Board;
- Andy Manion, Chair, Ballston Spa Public Library Board of Trustees; and
- Carol Johnson, President, Doubleday Woods Senior Housing Resident Association.
The final application is due to the Capital Region Economic Development Council on Friday, September 23.