Our friends at the Gateway House of Peace have some care openings and volunteer opportunities. Please read below:
Weekends or overnights
Gateway House is an end-of-life 2-bed private home that occasionally needs people to fill in for shifts. This is a great opportunity for retired or active RN, LPN, CNAs, EMTs or medical providers with equivalent experience, or people who have personal experience caring for the sick. Per diem coverage is needed for weekdays, weekends, and overnights. These positions are flexible – 4 to 12 hours shifts available.
If you are driven by making a difference and are looking to lead and be part of a great team, then this is the perfect opportunity. Gateway House of Peace is a two-bed end of life home in Ballston Spa, NY.
The ideal candidate is an empathetic individual interested in a mix of management duties of the house operations, staff and volunteers as well as direct care to ensure a comfortable and caring residence for terminally ill people in their final days. Prior experience in health care and experience managing and scheduling staff or volunteers is required. Outstanding communication and organizational skills needed. Proficiency and comfort with Microsoft Suite required. Must be able to travel locally. Ability to be on-call required.
– see job postings their website
- Looking for Volunteers willing to assist with patient care (bathing, toileting, passing medicines).
- Volunteers are the heart Gateway House of Peace comfort care home. Only a few hours a week, or a month, can be a great benefit to our residents & family members. You do not need to have healthcare experience to volunteer. It is helpful to have had experience with caring for or losing a loved one.
- Our caregivers work in teams of two, typically covering 4-hour shifts, to provide personal care for our residents. No experience is necessary, training, along with the opportunity to shadow current caregivers is provided. This work also involves interaction with the resident’s family & friends, light meal preparation, caring for laundry, answering phones, greeting visitors and collaborating with the Gateway House staff.
- Caregivers are encouraged to volunteer a minimum of one 4-‐hour shift per month.
Gateway House is located at 479 Rowland St. Ballston Spa, NY
To learn more visit the website at www.gatewayhouseofpeace.org
Contact Maggie Hasslacher at 518.450.1273 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org