TCT Federal Credit Union believes in the boundless potential of our young scholars and encourage all eligible students to apply.
Each year, TCT offers high school seniors the opportunity to compete for statewide college scholarships through the New York Credit Union Association’s College Scholarship Program. Scholarships may be used at a two- or four-year accredited educational institution, or vocational or trade school. In 2023, TCT awarded $10,000 in college scholarships to 10 credit union members. The funds help pay for tuition, room and board, books, and school supplies.
Who Is Eligible?
To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must be:
- Members of TCT FCU
- College-bound high school seniors at the time of application
- Planning to attend a two- or four-year accredited educational institution, vocational, or trade school for the first time in the fall of 2024.
How to Apply
Interested students can embark on this rewarding opportunity by following these steps:
- Read the Memo to Students and Download the Application: If you’re not a member of TCT FCU, don’t worry! You can request a membership packet as well. A credit union verification code will be needed to verify eligibility, so be sure to contact the credit union directly for this.
- Complete the Application: Fill out the application form, write the required essay, and gather the necessary transcripts. Don’t forget to obtain a signature from a parent or guardian.
- Submit Your Application: Upload and submit your completed application along with the supporting materials online via the NYCUA Scholarship Portal no later than January 5, 2024.
Come early spring, applications will be judged against other submissions statewide. The lucky winners will be announced in May.
For additional information or specific queries about this scholarship program, don’t hesitate to contact Jeannie Dickinson by calling (518) 793-1958 extension 2126 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.